Recently it has been announced that there's amendments to the Party Wall Act...
The Party Wall Act provides a framework for preventing and resolving disputes in relation to party walls, boundary walls and excavations near neighbouring buildings.
I normally provide clients with Party Wall Agreements to cover the following:
- 1. new building on or at the boundary of 2 properties
- 2. work to an existing party wall or party structure
- 3. excavation near to and below the foundation level of neighbouring buildings
- A. building a new wall on or at the boundary of 2 properties
- B. cutting into a party wall
- C. making a party wall taller, shorter or deeper
- D. removing chimney breasts from a party wall
- E. knocking down and rebuilding a party wall
- F. digging below the foundation level of a neighbour’s property
Anyway, check out the Explanatory_Booklet_PDF or just contact me for some free informal advice... I'll be happy to help